FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK Catering back to normal?
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:06 pm
luitje

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Completed my first TATL flight with TK in J and I am quite underwhelmed. Everything: lounge experience (or rather lack of it), boarding process, headsets (seriously, even BA got a much better set in Club), selection of drinks, food is quite subpar.
I fully appreciate Covid challenges, but serving a chicken avocado wrap (was so bad that although I was super hungry, I didn't finish it) as the only main course selection is pretty pathetic. Limited selection of drinks (only Efes, or a very mediocre Turkish wine (1 Red, 1 White), a cheapo can of Seltzer which was given when I asked for a mineral water) is something I really don't understand: there are plenty of soft and alcoholic drinks available in individual packaging.
Finally, with catering now downgraded to an economy standard, why did it take more than 2 hours to serve food and drinks (and that was a red eye, so I really wanted to max my sleep time)?
Well, def not taking my business to TK - appreciate they are challenging times, but they failed to deliver against a very low bar (hate to say it, but my 4 hours connecting UA flight had a better service, comparable quality of food (two choices) and wider selection of drinks).

Last edited by luitje; Sep 9, 2020 at 6:58 pm