FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Cat. 2 Hyatt in Phoenix is best for 8,000 points?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:49 pm
JustDandy

I have stayed in 3 of the properties listed. My picks would be Hyatt Phoenix/Mesa, Hyatt Phoenix/Gilbert, Hyatt Place Phoenix/Chandler-Fashion Center.

Most recently, Hyatt Place Phoenix/Chandler-Fashion Center just 2 weeks ago. I felt that this is an older property. Also, at the time the pool and workout room was closed due to COVID (not sure if that matters to you or not). The first room I was put in stunk of smoke, so I was moved. Breakfast was bagged in the main dining area. Not sure when you are looking to stay, but over the summer they had many nights that were around $62 as an "Arizona special". They do not check ID. This hotel has a wall separating the rooms, as opposed to the others that have the weird divider thing. This hotel is across from a shopping mall with many food places around. Roughly 15 miles from the airport.

I stayed a few nights at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa about a year ago. This property certainly felt newer. It was across from a few business buildings. Could easily drive to restaurants and shops. This one would be closer to the airport, but not by too much. I don't remember much else about this one. Roughly 10 miles from the airport.

About 1.5 years ago I stayed at Hyatt Place Phoenix/Gilbert. This will be farthest from the airport, at about 25 miles. Seems to be more expensive than the others listed. The hotel is sandwiched between 2 others...Hampton Inn & Home 2 suites. I assume the same Franchisee owns all 3 properties. Easy to find, lots of restaurants and shops within close driving distance. Also, not sure what the one comment was referencing...about being in the middle of nowhere amidst thousands of Canadians living in RVS lol. Maybe 10+ years ago when lots of it was still farmlands? lol. Definitely not the middle of nowhere (although the farthest from PHX), and there are no RV parks that I can think of.