FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:17 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke777
I have to search by segment or it shows incorrectly. Really frustrating.
If you search segment-by-segment, the results you get are meaningless, unless you are looking specifically for upgrade inventory (in which case, that's not only the correct procedure, it's the only valid one). Even if there is an appropriate fare in place, the fact that there is K inventory on ABC-DEF and K inventory on DEF-GHI does not mean that there is K inventory on ABC-DEF-GHI.

Originally Posted by higher_flyer
I didn't even imagine that domestic connecting flights would cause such an issue with fare classes. So very lame
It didn't; there's something else wrong. I'm able to reproduce the issue that's being described, but I've flown on connecting flights for years, and Expert Mode has always been 99%+ accurate. Somehow, UA has managed to break their inventory retrieval code.

ExpertFlyer (and presumably KVS Tool) still show the correct information, but right now, the only thing that UA Expert Mode can reliably be used for is finding upgrade space.