FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:25 pm
txhyattlvr

Originally Posted by Kacee
Current GM was appointed November 2018 . . . is that who you're referring to? She was pretty responsive when I raised an issue with her. That said, they are a bit cheap . . . for example, if you book the "Members Save More + Breakfast" rate the breakfast consists of a muffin or bagel from the Market plus brewed coffee or juice. Contrast that with HR Bellevue, where they give you a full restaurant breakfast.

I've just been booking the room I want. The rates are super low, particularly given the quality of the hard product, with a fairly small delta between the base room and the Lakeview Deluxe (which is a super nice room, would be called a junior suite by many properties).
Yes it's the same GM. And yes, they are VERY cheap. The club lounge was horrible in the beginning (later modestly improved). The breakfast offering your describing is pathetic. My last stay (for globs) it was a $25 credit (I think per person but not sure) at the Grab and Go... the food was very mediocre and they were missing several items from the menu. This was post COVID so club and restaurant are/were closed.

As for your room, as an Explorist you know you are entitled to a Lakeview Deluxe as an upgrade upon arrival. Choosing to pay guarantees you the room but you have every right to book the cheapest room and expect that room on arrival if available. I've never seen this hotel very full and suspect those rooms are typically available....

Again, it's a nice facility but I'm not a fan of the GM (who is a long time Hyatt veteran - normally I love the long timers!)