FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old Sep 6, 2020, 11:19 am
Bigzamboni

Originally Posted by CatIntheHat
If you are trying to use it strictly for the gas points, you will want to have spent the money to a $0 balance *before* the $7.95 monthly maintenance fee kicks in 30 days after registrations.
It looks like you don't even get 30 days anymore. The main part of the website says it's charged upon first use or the day after registration, whichever is earlier. Cardholder agreement that I pulled up for one card they offer (not sure if they all are the same) says "Your first monthly fee will be assessed when your Card is initially loaded with funds."
From some posts a few years ago on reddit, your balance will go negative. If you used the card without registering, perhaps they can't collect.

Originally Posted by danpeake
5x Green Dots for another week (9/11-17)
The Giant preview I saw for 9/11-9/17 doesn't show this, only 10x on Bass Pro Shops. It's hard to see, but that image looks like it says 9/4-9/10 in the terms. I don't think it's back again.