FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: vaccination/test requirements for German transit
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:24 am
zeer0

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mattg85
We just departed IST this morning for FRA in transit to the UK. Can confirm there was no requirement to present Negative COVID test result, although we did get tested the night before the flight at IST and got the results around midnight so had one available if it had been requested.

Did have an interesting experience on arrival re: passenger locator forms. On flight 2 weeks ago from USA via Frankfurt we were informed we didn’t need to complete the form since we were only in transit. For this flight today the forms hadn’t been loaded on the flight so on arrival we had to wait for them to be distributed and flight crew insisted on we had to complete it even for transit passengers.

this was clearly an error since the main part of the form asks for an address in Germany for the next 14 days which clearly we don’t have. Nonetheless we completed the form and left the address parts blank and handed it back to crew.

On leaving the plane, transit passengers were told to disembark first and we were greeted by Bundespolizei who wanted to see passports and onward travel boarding cards which we duly presented. They did also ask us whether we had a negative COVID test and so we said we did - they did not ask to see it though and I imagine there were passengers behind us who did not have a test result (since it’s not required!)
You know what's hilarious, we flew IST-FRA on the same flight. What a mess that was on arrivals with the forms being handed out. Someone in front of me started arguing with the flight attendants over filling it out because we were all transiting the non-Schengen part.

I was also surprised at how strict security in IST was for the flight. They had the same people who do Israel security at the check-in counters and gate. I flew IST-MUC on TK a few weeks earlier and there was none of that.