FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:38 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've had a couple of stays here recently. I love the lakeside, park adjacent, location. Lake views are spectacular. Rooms are comfortable and well outfitted. Really an excellent hard product. They're staying pretty busy, with a mix of visitors, staycations, and Seattle Seahawks (training camp is just up the lake at VMAC). Service is well-meaning but inexperienced and unpolished, with mostly new hires. The exception is valet parking - the valets are awesome and I don't mind the $28 charge in light of the quality service.

I've been in three types of rooms, the Lakeview Deluxe (a corner room), the Lakeview Corner Suite (top floor corner suite), and the Lakeview Terrace Suite (there are four of these, on the eighth floor, which they sell as the "Presidential Suite"). They're all nice rooms, especially the Lakeview Corner Suite. The Terrace Suite has an odd layout, but the outdoor space is spectacular. Note that these tend to get booked for parties on weekends, which can be a problem if your room is nearby (long story here, which I won't get into).

The Regency Club is open for breakfast. It's a small space and mask compliance was poor on my only visit. It actually felt unsafe and I felt bad for the staff.

I can't say enough about the location. It's great for walks, runs (connecting to the Eastside Rail Corridor trail), and just enjoying the views and fresh air. There's an Ivar's in the park, a 10 minute walk away. Peyrassol next door serves excellent European food. Ocha Thai in Renton is also really good. The caveat of course is that you need a car and the location kind of sucks if you need to be in Seattle or Bellevue/Redmond.