FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Masks-the new fashion accessory
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2020, 9:58 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just got a set of four from Nordstrom ($20 with free shipping that arrived in several days) that are very professional prints: navy check, navy stripes, black and off white windowpane, and black and white abstract geometric print. They have little plastic things to enable one to adjust the ear loops, so I think I like them, but they smell a bit so require laundering before use.

Nieman Marcus has some that cost as much as $85 for one face mask. IMO they look nice but not that nice. Some have glitter or are otherwise designed for evening wear.

I suspect I'll tend to lose them, so I'm aiming for an interesting variety to coordinate with clothing that aren't just florals or boring solids.

I have mixed feelings about the copper infused fabric masks that are advertised as I'm not sure I want tiny little bits of copper in my washing machine. I'm avoiding them for now.
Ugh - masks that smell bad. Where were they made?

Also, what's the rationale for copper infused masks? I know it has some antibiotic/antiviral properties, but I'm skeptical that COVID particles floating through the air would manage to land only the copper and not pass through the fabric.