FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Sep 4, 2020, 7:48 am
Radiation Station

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by chanp
I had a recent stay here and thought I'd share my thoughts. I booked the lowest level room and was upgraded to a Marvelous suite. I arrive around 1pm and was met my a nice check in agent. He said they had upgraded me to a studio suite IIRC and would call me when the room was ready. I asked about free drink vouchers and was told no, but I said I rang in and someone told me we would get some. He later sent them to the room.

The room was great, good sized and overlooking LS. Got 4 bottles of water and there was a nespresso machine. Only w things I'd recommend they change, 1) would be to make one of the bottle still water instead of sparkling for the coffee machine and 2) they have a black out curtain for the bathroom area. The room itself has black outs, but the bathroom/tub area does not and there is no door separating the bedroom.

Had some drinks before I left out for the evening and was met by Benjamin who is the Ops manager. Really nice guy and was really helpful. He also gave me a buy one get one coupon for the next day. We started talking about Marriott properties around the world and got some good tips. Top notch service!

Came back later that evening for a few more drinks and started to chat to Benjamin again and commented about some restaurants. He gave me some recommendations right away and from what I found out the next day, he had messaged his manager that evening for recommendations as well. Again, top notch customer service.

I did use the gym, no more than 5 are allowed in at one time. Decent equipment and they have wipes and paper towels available. Two suggestions here, have water avail and regular towels. I've stayed in quite a few hotels during the pandemic and they made regular towels and water work.

Breakfast the next morning was downstairs on the 1st floor. I used my amenity for free breakfast and the staff and food were amazing. Had a few more drinks on the 2nd day and the staff was very attentive and accommodating.

Overall I was really impressed with the hotel and the staff and would recommend anyone wanting to stay there, give it a go!
Thank you for the review, I am considering a stay soon as they are offering very low prices under the Healthcare Heroes rate (150-170 GBP a night) You mention an upgrade - please could you tell me your status? Apologies if I've missed it.