FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difficulty to get approval to come back to SIN, EP holders (Jul/Aug/Sept)
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:02 pm
quarryking

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by invisible
Let me be blunt here - current atmosphere is such, that foreigners are not welcome - neither tourists nor pass holders. I personally know only one person who got approved after being denied six times earlier. Others still are waiting. Several of them already gave up.

Plus recently rules for EPs have been tightened up agan - now if the offered salary is less than $20000/mo the position needs to be advertised on government job board for minimum a month and if the employer won’t hire a singaporean, company needs to provide written explanation why they didn’t. If company is found to be discriminated against Singaporeans, they won’t be allowed to get a pass for a year and exiting passes issued to them will be canceled.

Then, according to the new rule, minimum salary for EP holder who is older than 40 needs to be minimum $10000/mo - the double of the minimum salary for EP.

In short, modus operandi of Singapore of last 40 years is over.

The only foreigners which are still welcome from now on and in near future, are either maids and construction workers on work passes, or executives from multi national companies on million $ packages. But not middle level professionals in between.
I was under the impression they were pushing for reform for the minimum salary requirements for Employment pass holders, didn't know they had approved the same already. Wonder what happens to EP holders who are already there but whose salaries are just above the old minimum?