FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why fly BA at the moment in Club, when Swiss offer all of this?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 4:48 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Prospero

Swiss received a CHF 1.5 billion emergency loan from the Swiss Government so understandably feels less inclined to constrain its costs to the same degree BA is doing
Ah! Now that does paint a different story - when you have 1.5 Billion to get you by that does mean that you can afford to be a bit lavish even if it is with taxpayers money. What I love is the completely unlevel playing field - AF has had a fortune thrown at it by the French government. About Lufthansa I do not know (or particularly care as I am vowed to a life Lufthansa free), but IAG have not taken any government loans. However it seems that the EU rules on state airlines are ignored when it suits.

All that said, the present state of affairs is simply not viable and it needs to be addressed pronto. Whilst I stay a regular customer due to the fact that for me travelling ALC - ZRH - LHR. In fact, I cannot as LX appear not to fly here. From VLC, the cheapest J class seat was €500 which is a lot more money for a flight with connections. I'm afraid that it takes more than an airline hot plate to justify that difference.