FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why fly BA at the moment in Club, when Swiss offer all of this?
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:56 pm
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
Its great that Lufty, Virgin and Swiss (and I'm sure others) are back to full service which demonstrates there is NO justification for BA to continue to use CoVid as a lame excuse for saving money. In economy, the irony of food and drink being scrapped, moving to BOB, and now back to handing out snacks and water is not lost on me. I'm assuming when service is back to the new normal, the freebies go, and back to BOB. You win some, you lose some!!

I can’t say whether it’s the same at their hubs, so there’s a massive caveat behind what’s coming, but if you assess the total package then there are equally areas where LH, and *A generally, are behind BA. I came through LHR T2 on Monday morning, for a LO flight to WAW in Y.

Fast Track security is still closed, yet T2 is probably still carrying as many passengers as T5. BA has reopened the First Wing, which it funds.

The LH lounge is the only airline one open in the terminal, albeit only the business section - the Senator bit at the back is closed. Based on what I’d read about the levels of on-board service LH was offering I had hoped their lounge provision might also be a cut above - but it was a pretty dire experience with only pre-packaged sandwiches on white bread, the most laughable excuse for a salad I think I’ve ever seen (judge for yourself from the pic), and a very limited drink selection.

It strikes me that there’s only a limited amount of money airlines have to throw around. BA has chosen to put that towards building a better airport and lounge experience, although it needs to extend that further outside LHR. LH and LX seem to feel they’re more likely to attract passengers by having an improved on-board offering.

There’s probably not a right answer, it might even be country driven in terms of expectations, but for anyone travelling in Y - as many of us are for intra-Europe, always have - then personally I’d say there’s more value from the BA proposition at the moment.
Attached Images