FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Sep 1, 2020, 5:42 pm
travelinmanS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
UA is really looking behind the curve now that AS will allow banking paid tickets and free award redeposits for both domestic and international flights.

Full details on my blog: https://www.dansdeals.com/points-tra...ees-worldwide/
FT disclosure: This link is to an online source in which I have a financial interest.

DL also tells me they are still looking into how to implement these changes. My guess is they will at least match AA.

Will UA respond? Can they afford not to?
Just yesterday we were told Kirby and UA were the new thought leaders in customer friendly policies. What has happened? 😉

The fact is these airlines all follow each other and they all end up basically matching the others in some way or another. There are no revolutionary CEOs or management teams in the industry who have re-invented the financials that basically require a taxpayer bailout every decade or so. The only thing revolutionary is the ways management dreams up to line their pockets when times are going well.

These changes are good for the consumer because the airlines desperately need business now. When things are going well for them again they will rescind these changes and then again when they need another bailout good things will come back for customers.