FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Is Vegas Like During Coronavirus?
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:00 am
roadtriper

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
So last 24 hours for my young family in Vegas, before flying back to NY Sat 4pm. A few quick questions:
1. Just installed UBER APP for the first time ever, and successfully loaded $100 Uber Cash into wallet (from UBER giftcards). Also successfully added uber.com official promo to receive $5 off each of my first three rides. UBER rates (from Mirage area to LAS) may only be like $10 to begin with, making this ride a no-brainer. Alas, UBER APP is proving impossible to deal with. When I tried to confirm my trip in NY to airport, it was reverting with all kinds of prohibiting messages, incl. to UPLOAD OTHER METHOD OF PAYMENT. Then it wouldn't approve upload of any of my credit, debit or prepaid cards. And I can't find any tel# for UBER troubleshoot; it appears, riders are not offered tel#. Are riders offered CHAT? (I can't find that either). So it could happen tomorrow that I won't be able to order UBER afterall (?), although it could be practically free for me if worked.
2. So I'm seeing $35 car rentals (from LAS to LAS) giving me 24hrs of car use. Considering renting in next 2hrs, so will have to return car by 11am Sat. If so, then:
- I like driving. What trips should I consider, besides aimlessly navigating Strip and Downtown?
3. So I may end up at LAS as early as 11am Sat. My flight is after 4pm. Centurion Lounge likely didn't re-open yet, but AMEX sent me PRIORITY PASS Select member#, which is accepted at LAS Club, facing the Centurion Lounge. Is there time limit (inside LAS Lounge, which likely closes 3pm)? How is it?
SO... Did Ya do something Interesting with the Family your last day? or did you continue your search for those .99 Drafts??? RT