FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Class Discussion
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2020, 10:23 am
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I often see row 6 open in the weeks leading up to a flight, with the rows behind it filled. My (probably very faulty) assumption is that those are people who paid for the upgrade, looked at SeatGuru or the like, and saw that row 6 is marked as "Be Aware". I personally think that row 6 is far superior, even with the tray table in the armrest. Sometimes, I try to look even further into my crystal ball and make assumptions about upgrade probability based on row 6 being open, thinking that no 75K would select another row over it at booking. Are there any 75Ks, or anyone for that matter, who avoids row 6 when booking?
I'm on a refurbished A320 later in the year and currently in row 7 because I really like the tablet holders in the back of the seats and I don't think that exists for row 6 seats. I do agree though that row 6 is my row of choice if I don't get upgraded although I still think row 17 has more legroom so if I'm not traveling with my kids, I will typically stay in row 17. I am always a bit surprised by the # of premium class seats that people actually pay for (non-elites) because I too use that information as a rough way of checking upgrade possibilities so when there are only a few people left on the upgrade list and tons of premium class seats taken, it seems somewhat unexpected.