FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Aug 31, 2020, 9:40 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raehl311
Does this mean that benefit is going away in favor of a same calendar day policy?
No, they have explicitly kept the 24-hour language in the SDC announcement. There are some questions about whether or not it will continue to apply to changing to a later flight as well as an earlier one. I suspect it will, but I acknowledge that it's ambiguous.

Originally Posted by pinniped
If this is cover to just move more and more traffic to Basic economy fares - make that the new standard leisure fare and make "regular" economy the typical business-traveler fare - then this isn't all that valuable to me. A free SDC on business trips would be nice, but it's kind of moot with so few frequencies these days.
It doesn't make any sense to try to eliminate change fees as a way to move traffic to BE. UA wants to drive passengers away from BE. The fact that BE fares can't be changed, including SDC, was actually the primary reason I never booked one. If anything, free changes on regular economy make BE even less appealing.