FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2004, 10:52 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Mangga Dua is alive and well, and business is, well, business as usual. The DVDs and electronics are also as usual.

Cant help you on high speed internet connection in the areas you mention. Biznet offers a high speed connection that is pricey, but works quite well at the Intercontinental Hotel - buy prepaid cards and you are good to go.

Tailors.... in Jakarta, my one and only tailor it Baik Tailors, lemme look up the address and I will post the details later. Its not cheap.... but the workmanship isnt cheap either, so I think its fair.

Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
My wife is from Jakarta - close to Taman Angrek (sp?) mall. We are going back in late November / early December. I do have a question about Jakarta: has the Indonesian government cracked down on the ahem 'discount' dvd and cd vendors? I have heard that the Malaysian govt has done so, and was wondering about Indo. Also, is Mangga Dua still the best place to go for electronics-related stuff? Do you know anywhere near Taman Angrek or Mangga Dua where I could find a high-speed Internet connection into which to plug my laptop? Last question, where is the best place to go for a reasonably priced taylored suit? I am looking to purchase something of good quality which looks a lot more expensive than it costs.

Thanks for posting the Jakarta thread :-)