FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fees "Gone For Good"(WW ex-USA,non-BE), credit for lower fare!, Intl&BE waiver
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:30 pm
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I am utterly amazed at the number of people who seem to insist on finding some negative slant to take on any news from United (yet seem to stay with the airline as elite MP members). I didn't worry about change fees when I was traveling for the government because GSA fares were GSA fares but I have had to stick with original flight schedules even though I've wanted to leave earlier or later on a comparable flight simply because of the change fees involved. I had one case where I did make the change to a cheaper flight but after the change fees I netted $10 back (I would have made the change anyway since the new flight was more convenient and loaded more lightly).

Of course United isn't going to introduce changes that aren't in their best interest but we should be happy that the airline's interest and customer interests intersect this time.
United could cure cancer today and still be the enemy. I appreciate the change though. Not likely to travel much but still a nice change.