FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When did BA lose its Class?
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:18 pm
Duck1981

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by krispy84
And yet customers continued to return again and again. Im not saying I love some of the decisions BA have made, but you can’t argue with the financials. Some on here would wish BA to go bust because they don’t serve caviar in F etc, the figures suggest they’re in the vanishing minority; despite what they may think.

As for comments on the current catering, the idea it will have a material impact on BA’s finances is laughable IMHO.
Agree. As long as we come back - and many others - things cannot be so wrong. As Dave pointed out, there are always different options to travel, and we can vote with our wallets. My own flying career only started in about 2016, so I've never experienced the 'good old times' others are talking about.

Actually I can visit my parents in Germany (MUC) on many occasions for the same price or even cheaper from LHR w/ BA than with U2 from LGW - with the added benefit than I can visit a lounge at a proper airport. That there most be a cost saving somewhere to allow this is almost logical. Flying EK to Dubai is fancy (ok it was at least as the rear bar is - I guess - not longer in operation in the A380ies) but when I see how they have treated their staff during the latest round of redundancies - oh well.....

In the end, I am not sure if the grass is really greener anywhere else, but this forum has more professional flyers than me to judge.

[and don't throw tomatoes at me, I got myself a few IAG shares at 178p last week]