FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mask ON - Mask OFF (repeat!)
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:14 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I am amazed that people need to be schooled on hand washing. I mean, that is something we learn at the same age as learning to wipe our backsides.
Anything but amazing to me, unfortunately. People tend to be creatures of habit, but not all taught/learned habits are good ones and even the goods ones don't all stick or stick equally longer term.

Just give a thought to how and why so much fecal matter-related bacteria ends up on airplane and movie theater seats, on the toilet flushes, the taps to turn on the water in lavatories and the lavatory door locks. As someone once said in a way: with increased familiarity, the risk for increased contempt rises. If someone pays too close attention to the hygiene habits of others, they may end up so grossed out that they want to become a hermit.

The idea of pharmacy-sold face masks being more of a vector of pathogen spread and related sickness on planes sound as credible to me as the conspiracy theory that Neil Armstrong's moonwalk was staged in a Hollywood studio and those moon rocks I saw on my NASA visits in Texas were not really from the moon. I suggest being more worried about driving in a vehicle within 5km of home than of having to deal with mask use to fly SAS.