FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:49 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bdubs7
Right now I have a JFK-AUH-CMB-MLE award flight booked in first with EY and SriLanka Airlines (for the latter two segments). I now see guestsaver award availability on etihad's website for AUH-MLE, but when I called the Australian and Singapore offices neither could see the AUH-MLE flights.

1) Is this because EY is running a promotional 30% off, so maybe that guestsaver isn't available to partners? This is for an Oct-2020 flight and the flight schedule appears to have just changed in the last few days, so perhaps it hasn't loaded to AA?

2) Also I read in the wiki, that its risky to modify the awards, is there an alternative so that I don't screw up my award?
Check on ExpertFlyer. If EF shows the non-stop available, then keep trying various AA call centers at different times of day. If EF does not show the flights available, then it is more likely that no AA agent will be able to see them. What sorts of screwing up are you concerned with? An AA agent shouldn't cancel your connecting flights out of the record before confirming the nonstop.