FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Aug 29, 2020, 11:21 am
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I’m not sure who told you that, but it’s not the case. All the information in this thread says it’s because the Canadian government doesn’t want its citizens travelling - so it may not be actively stopping them, as is the case in Australia, but it doesn’t want to enter into any other agreement which might encourage it. Given the fairly close relationship between the countries it’s not surprising the UK government is acquiescing to this.

Essentially at this point it’s Canada’s call.
If that is the case, why then are we allowed to enter Germany, Switzerland, Greece and quite a few other countries without restrictions?
I am not saying what you wrote is not true, I am just wondering what the logic would be behind the Canadian government not entering into an agreement, if there is one with the UK but it allowing its citizens to enter other European countries as well as Mexico, Jamaica and others.

There are strict re-entry rules for everyone coming back anyway and while I don't have any personal experience yet, my understanding from others is that it is a strict 14 day self isolation period.

Just like many other rules all over the world, it somehow doesn't make sense and again please know that I am not saying your statement is wrong as there are so many things right now taking place which don't always make sense.