FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn points on your family’s stays
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2020, 9:43 am
hotel_user

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
I would think, that the IT system of Accor could not cope.

Senario : You use your account and book, for a "friend". You put your "friend's" name in a comment box for the hotel. How does the Accor IT system differentiate between a booking for YOU or a booking for your "friend", as 1) no one reads the comment box at the Accor head office. and 2) it is up to the hotel to sort the booking, and 3) How many hotels actually read the booking request prior to checkin ? and say oh that room type is unavailable but we have a lovely room overlooking the bins .....I normally separately e mail the hotel either prior to booking or after to inform them of my request ( ie fridge for insulin )

It would be better if there was ( for example ) a tick box so you could enter the name of the "friend" as a "guest" booking, so the Accor IT could differentiate.

Under the system, it is more than probable that you will get all the status points, room nights and loyalty points issued.

I don't have a problem with the promotion, I just think it's probably going to be down to Accor's dodgy ( at the best ) IT as to what you receive, and on the balance of probabilities I am guessing you will gain the rewards ( and probably the status nights and guessing the status points )

The only way of discovering this is for some one to report on a booking made via this

As an aside, and I have NOT done this, nor condone it, I do know of members who do book for others and get the nights as they put the "friend" on the booking,, and state that they will be arriving later .... much later ...

In these times, Accor needs to fill hotel rooms, and I see this as a way of generating extra bookings, there are no losers here. All I am doing is saying that there MAY be a way to game the status system due to probable doggy IT implementation.