FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:48 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I know my opinion isn’t popular but the resumption of filming brings back 140 employees, plus the contractors hired. I’m sure they are grateful as unemployment doesn’t pay the bills. COVID-19 sucks but not paying your bills is worse.
Originally Posted by denver19
It's a more popular opinion than you think. Its a perfect trial for bringing in people. And putting people back to work.
The mayor will have to be aware of those that want the trial to fail, but if they keep their eye on the project, and really babysit it, it can be a model for restarting.
Except the Temptation Island cast and crew are not subject to the same quarantine rules as everyone else. Why should they get special treatment when not even returning residents can get this special “modified” quarantine? The rules for Temptation Island:

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/28/break...deZUeOnPcwBln4
  • All cast and crew flying to Maui will be required to take a COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to their flight. Only cast/crew who test negative will be permitted to fly to Maui.
  • All cast/crew will be transported directly to the Andaz Resort to complete their modified 7-day quarantine. (1) Food is brought to their rooms and left outside the door.
  • Hotel staff will not enter the cast/crew hotel rooms for the first seven days. After that they will only enter the rooms when the occupant is not there.
  • All cast/crew will be tested on day 5 and 6. Once both PCR test results return negative and they complete their modified 7-day quarantine, they will be allowed to work on the production.

Plus there are many reports of crew being out in public; restaurants, stores etc the day after arriving. So not much quarantine happening, Yet another example of the corrupt leadership in Hawaii. You can bet someone’s pockets got lined for this.