FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:32 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by chilglish
Thanks again jerry a. laska!

You’re absolutely right about flying IB in I. Just got off the phone to them and was changed to a direct flight from MAD to LHR, despite having tried to convince the agent to route me BCN-MAD-LHR (can’t blame me for trying!). I guess this is ok because it means that my daughter won’t have to wait around for so long at a lounge-less airport, but it’s really frustrating since it’ll leave me just 10 TPs shy of silver.

Anyway, I’ve just posted on the TP run thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for whilst I’m in the UK. I’ll be there for 40 days, although the first 14 will have to be spent in self-isolation. I’m now based in Chile And not likely to return to Europe until next year, which means that this is probably my only good chance to reach silver, since LATAM are out of the equation.
Hi,

If you are just 10 tp's short of silver then a day return ( or B2B) to anywhere in the UK, ie EDI, GLA etc will get you there as the cheapest fares earn 5 tps each way.

Regards

TBS