FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will Hawaii re-open for tourism?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:20 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
The main issue driving spread on Hawaii is quarantine is or was not properly implemented. People were not isolating away from everyone including family etc.
I tend to agree, 100% compliance when I go to the store, but 0% at home. I don’t want it, I don’t hang with anyone now. I have to meet with a client this morning and mask will be worn, if the client feels offended he can hire someone else.

Originally Posted by msp3
By December, do you think we will at least have inter-island travel back w/o quarantine like we had earlier in the summer? If not, there goes my Marriott Cat 7 cert used at Cat 8 before devaluation and this year's Ritz-Carlton Club upgrade cert.
I wouldn’t count on it but I don’t blame you for hoping it’s back. I’m burning hotel points for my wife and kids at the moment, super cheap for most places on the mainland. If I didn’t have unused flight credits with UA I’d burn those miles as well. The good news is the beaches and parking are a non issue now, scary actually in very little activity. The bad news is all the closed restaurants and retail stores, which makes things a little boring for vacation intended travelers.
I want to go to Oahu for a day and spend time at Pearl Harbor, but the quarantine on return to Maui makes that impractical.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 2, 2020 at 4:48 am Reason: consecutive posts merged