FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn points on your family’s stays
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:22 am
hotel_user

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
This is either very clever, or very stupid. It is designed to fill rooms in hotels. Nothing to stop the unscrupulous booking cheap nights in a low rate country to get the number of nights to keep of move status ( providing they can get someone to just check in / but not stay - I am sure there is an app for this - )

Part of the terms and conditions is that the stays can not overlap ( good old IT at Accor )

o/h suggested that it sounds desperate - ie everyone now can get gifted Silver, Gold or Platinum status ( maybe Diamond / Black ) If someone want me to stay on their behalf and at their cost - please let me know ..... Still in Spain but looking to leave

There are a lot of other programs doing status matches ( and can understand why Accor will not now go down that route again .... but watch this space )

Are you on the hook if your family member empties the mini bar and does a runner before paying the bill ?

On the other hand, it could be useful to give as a gift stay to someone you can not meet up with or as a treat.