FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA app on Android - no longer supported? (for older Android systems - 4.x or pre 7.x)
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:54 am
michelle227

I don't have a 4.x version of Android. I noted the link on the United site for the point of reference. There is STILL a page on the United site to download a version of the app for THAT version of Android though.

They were provided with the information about the version I was running, which according to this thread SHOULD be supported. They have doubled down on their claims through Twitter. Some of us DO keep phones for more than a few months. Not all of us live on them and some of us use a desktop for things that actually require some manner of uber-secure environment. The app worked FINE on my trip to LAS in July. Less than three weeks later, and without notice, it ceased to function and United is laying ALL of the blame squarely at the feet of Google Play. At least when MicroSoft decides not to support something, notice is given that they were not going to provide updates...however, the software generally continues to function.

They have made a decision to shove a number of passengers to OTHER carriers, especially now that so many of the planes have ceased to offer the DirecTV option and pax are left only with the onboard IFE (useless to begin with for all intents and purposes). I guess Kirby figures that pissing off those who actually are willing to fly right now is a good way to justify his furloughs that will be coming...

And no, I am not replacing a three-year old phone so that I can run one single app.