FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End of BA MidHaul
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2020, 7:30 am
Joshm300

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I would have agreed and said BA would prefer wealthy business travellers over leisure pax, but now that it’s short haul I just don’t know. Why would business travellers pick BA when the fares are high and the offering is low? Surely they would be swayed towards Aeroflot?

Personally, I don’t like LCCs so I definitely wouldn’t consider Wizz but I get a lot of budget travellers would.

If BA keep fares to DME/CAI/AMM the same, then surely some passengers will just get annoyed and switch carrier. It seems ludicrous to switch from a CW bed to a CE seat and not offer any reduction in price.
The one thing that would stop me using Aeroflot (and it might have no scientific basis at all) is safety. The flight 1492 disaster last year at SVO has been blamed on various pilot issues and design issues with the plane (after a slightly questionable trial), and apparently Aeroflot were then advertising flights as Airbus/Boeing operated and then switching to the Superjet at the last minute when people had no choice but to get on the thing or not travel at all, which puts me off. If Finnair get the A350 back to Heathrow, that will be the best way to go, especially with the fantasic new lounge at Helsinki.