FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:03 pm
chilglish

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I assume you are flying IB SCL-MAD and within Spain? All flights are booked in I class? And with the BCN-LHR canceled how are you getting to LHR?

SCL-MAD-BCN-LHR-MAD-SCL

160 + 20 + 40 + 40 + 160 = 420

BA marketed or operated flights count as eligible flights. IB marketed and operated flights count as eligible flights.
Thanks again jerry a. laska!

You’re absolutely right about flying IB in I. Just got off the phone to them and was changed to a direct flight from MAD to LHR, despite having tried to convince the agent to route me BCN-MAD-LHR (can’t blame me for trying!). I guess this is ok because it means that my daughter won’t have to wait around for so long at a lounge-less airport, but it’s really frustrating since it’ll leave me just 10 TPs shy of silver.

Anyway, I’ve just posted on the TP run thread to see if anyone has any suggestions for whilst I’m in the UK. I’ll be there for 40 days, although the first 14 will have to be spent in self-isolation. I’m now based in Chile And not likely to return to Europe until next year, which means that this is probably my only good chance to reach silver, since LATAM are out of the equation.