FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with ski holiday in Europe
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2020, 4:19 am
kamel123

Help with ski holiday in Europe

I would like to tap into the collective wisdom of this forum to help me pick a location and hotel for a ski holiday in Europe in February 2021.

We have been going mostly to Lech the last few years (Almhof Schneider / Aurelio), and were very happy there. However, hotels there insist on their restrictive cancellation policies – cancel at least 60 or 90 days in advance, else pay in full. Also, they have added some clauses to make it very clear that they expect payment in full also in case of closure of ski lifts and border closures. Given the remaining Covid uncertainty, this is not a risk we are comfortable with. By the way, other people don’t seem to mind – the booking situation seems to be good, with many places already booked out.

These are our requirements:

1) Luxury hotel, preferably smaller/boutique style. Suitable for families (e.g., 2-Bedroom suites / connecting rooms available)

2) Reachable by car from central Europe, i.e., Swiss/Austrian/French/Italian Alps

3) Preferably ski-in/ski-out location, or very close to lifts

4) Large ski area suitable both for beginners and advanced skiers

5) Not 6,000 EUR per night for a suite (which unfortunately seems to rule out Courchevel, which would otherwise fulfil the requirements)

Grateful for any pointers!