FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LATAM says: USA members' points expire after 2 years with no reset!!!
Old Aug 21, 2020, 8:14 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I started a second case a couple months back and recently got a murky "we will consider your suggestions regarding our programme" response in a "closed case" email a few weeks ago,

Now a few thousand of my points have expired this week, with a few thousand more schedule to expire in the next few months. (The bulk won't expire until the end of this year.)

It's so annoying that they chose to finally reveal this no-reset 2-year expiration for USA and other countries just as their (and everyone else's) Covid-19 slowdown/shutdown occurred.

The LATAM site was showing the unexpired number of points until I logged in, then the Multiplus showed the lowered number of points, and then only when I went back to the LATAM site did it update to show the lowered number of points I really now have.

So if you go the LATAM and at the top right it shows you your points total, don't believe that. It's apparently not updated automatically.