FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 21, 2020, 11:18 am
liondragonx5y

Originally Posted by invalyd
You sound high maintenance and given that we're in the middle of a pandemic, I'm gonna side with the property here. They made a reasonable effort to accommodate your absurd requests. Why don't you bring your own dog bowl and pillows if those are such sticking points for you.
$2,000 hotels should be able to accommodate “absurd” requests. Most hotels in general, at major chains especially, offer foam pillows as many are allergic to feather pillows. Not even 5 star places. I’ve been to random Hilton’s and Hyatt’s across the country where they advertise offering foam pillows. As for the dog bed and bowl, they advertise as a dog friendly place. I don’t think either of those requests are far-fetched. I’ve never requested things like that, but I see those are pretty basic requests. I’ve heard of much crazier requests get granted at 5 star hotels.

Same reason as why do people pay for premium credit cards? You pay a high price, you expect high service. And the more expensive things get, the more expectations are to accommodate “absurd” requests and make them seem easy to fulfill.

You are bashing someone on this thread, yet based on your comments I’m wondering if you have stayed at luxury properties around the world costing $2000 a night for perspective. This isn’t the Hyatt Place. And frankly, I don’t care where I’m staying, I (and most people) would never use their luggage space on packing their own pillows.