FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2020, 7:51 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by avagyan
They've closed my account due to inactivity a long time ago. (As far as I can remember I wasn't doing any MS on it, only lightly to get the bonus perhaps. I did a little bit on redbird too I believe.)
Now trying to register and it won't let me. CSR took my SSN yesterday (hope won't leak to the darkweb) and got the same err msg (Sorry, we are unable to approve you for an Account at this time. Thank you for your interest in American Express Serve.)
and said that, even though your card was closed properly due to inactivity, the only option is to send a snail-mail to P.O. Box 826 Fortson, GA 31808
Don't know if it's worth it and what to say in it.
Called to bluebird today and the supervisor said that they're not allowed to take full social and checked my both serve and bb accounts and said that both of them are closed because of my calling and requesting the closure in 2016. I don't remember for sure but then why can't i register again?
Any experience?
Maybe you were shut down by Amex due to "inappropriate use of BB" and just don't know it or were never informed........or

There are several DPs in these threads (especially BB) that when people closed their accounts, they were unable to reopen them. The possible reason was that ....

The game being played at the time was to obtain numerous BB/Serve accounts, activate one and leave the others dormant and inactivated and then MS the current one heavily for several months, then close it prior to a shut down. They would then open a dormant account, wash and repeat. This allowed them to use BB/Serve for heavy MSing and avoid becoming a shut down casualty.

Apparently, the Rats sniffed this one out and started shuttering all accounts in the miscreants possession after involuntary termination of the active account, including the inactive ones.

You shuttered an account that was inactive. 2016 was a busy shutdown year and they may have thought you were playing games. You may be experiencing the fall out from that.