FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada bans entry from foreigners; restricting entry to non-essential travel
Old Aug 18, 2020, 5:47 am
Badenoch
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Here is my situation: I am scheduled to be in Canada in one month. I am French passport holder resident of Germany, purpose of the trip is tourism. Itinerary is FRA-LIS-YYZ return, and a few days in Toronto, trains to Quebec city, stay 5 nights in Quebec City and return back to Toronto by train to catch the plane back. Duration of trip is 10 days. All booked pre-COVID of course.
As of today I can not do this as I can not enter Canada.
It is a crystal ball question of course but what are you current resident of Canada feel for the short term ? Do you think Canada will open to European countries or not ?
I feel that this will not happen so I should just start the cancellation process with airlines, hotels and ViaRail.
The short answer to your question is no. Even if you were admitted you would have to undergo a 14 day quarantine like everyone else who comes into the country including citizens and permanent residents. Quarantine terms are strict and the government takes the quarantine seriously. No one here expects that to change in a month.

This link might be helpful

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ons.html#other