FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:54 pm
myperks

Originally Posted by liondragonx5y
If you look back at Tripadvisor reviews, you’ll see service issues before the reopening. The reason Hyatt sent some of their better managers here for the relaunch temporarily was because of how good this hotel could do during Covid, and hopefully to raise the standard at the hotel so that it is sustainable. It’s clear the managers are strong, but their lower staff are not trained well at all. Part of this is they had to scramble to hire enough employees. One of the managers told me that a lot of their better employees didn’t come back yet as they, up until July 31, were making more at home on unemployment than working. I’m not sure if that has changed at all yet, since I stayed when it opened, but from the reviews I’m reading, it doesn’t sound like much has changed.
went to TA to look at some reviews. The recent 1-star review is hilarious. Definitely a DYKWIA. Looking at his other reviews, it appears to be either 1-star or 5-stars. There was even one on the Hilton Queenstown but the review rambled on immigration and Australia.