FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:37 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ditto
But is it about PAX or about the carriers/airport? TLV isn't really built for connecting passengers, and other than LY with very poor offering no other airline ever offered connecting flights in TLV.
LY could probably do a decent job in connecting PAX from Europe to Asia and (South) Africa
I was trying to say that UAE is good for Israelis to connect at which they do @ IST or AMM recently looking for cheap fares. Could be EK/EY can draw alot of that traffic their way should they fly into TLV or do code-share with an Israeli carrier or at least be on the same PNR. Israeli carriers dont really have what to offer connecting @ TLV since most likely those in the UAE can fly to th destination non-stop and probably for less money

Why would someone want to fly Europe-TLV- West with an extra long flight TLV-West when they could fly any ME3 or European carrier savings many hours in flight, or any number of Asian carriers non-stop as well.

Now if they wanted to stop a few days in Israel I get it otherwise its not worth their while. Better put how many people fly IST-TLV-XXX or AMM-TLV-XXX probably next to none and Id assume the same for EUR-TLV-XXX