FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Denver International Airport [Master Thread]
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:17 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Stayed here last night and thought this was a pretty solid airport hotel.
-I checked in around 6 p.m., checked out around 5:30 a.m. to catch a 6:30 a.m. flight. I asked the check-in agent if I could have a drink voucher rather than breakfast for my amenity and she said she would put $25 F&B credit on my account that I could use at the restaurant however I wanted, which I thought was a nice touch.
-Gym & pool/hot tub are open and the hot tub worked fine. Check-in agent said 10-person limit in the pool area with periodic enforcement but there were only 3-4 others when I was there anyhow. Pool area is open until 11, gym is nice & open 24/7.
-Grill and Vine restaurant is open until 10. Caesar salad w/ salmon pretty good. Bar prices were on the high side even for an airport hotel, but the "double" pours were quite generous, offsetting the inflation, and the selection was better than just the ordinary suspects. The "LAWS" Colorado bourbon was something I hadn't had before, it reminded me a bit of Larceny being a wheated bourbon.
-It took me a full 10 minutes to get from my room to the AA counter, which is at the opposite end of the airport. (I had a bag to check.) And the CLEAR lane was closed on that (north) side at that hour, so I waited an extra few minutes at the regular PreCheck line as well. Still, I thought it was so much better an experience than the usual shuttle routine to the far-far-away hotels, and the room itself was quite nice.
-I sent a text via the app prior to arriving to ask for an upgrade, was granted a corner room ("junior suite" but really just a larger room--but a nice room).
-I was double-charged $6 in taxes and sent a text via the app and it was promptly corrected and a new folio emailed to me.
-Signs re: masks & social distancing were present, but the property did a good job of not making extreme fusses about covid. Those who want frequently sanitized elevator buttons might not enjoy it here.

All in all, would stay again.