FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Citizen visiting Europe - resident outside US - question
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:49 am
FlyingFreeYupie

OK. Now I wonder if you're travelling from the US (banned country) with a resident permit from South Korea whether or not you're eligible to travel.

On a side note, if the ban is not applied as per the passport, it just defeats the purpose of the law as a regular US tourist/student/temp permit holder staying in those "green countries" for a while should also be allowed to travel to Europe.

The OP seems to be good to go then. and his original US passport holder travel privileges are restored with his South Korean resident permit.
OP I would recommend that you bring with you the actual regulation as the airline might not know and deny you boarding.

I have another nationality. I am American, but I live in Australia. May I travel to Europe?

This depends whether you are allowed to travel to the EU depends on the country of residence, not of nationality.

As an American, whereas USA is on the list of countries for which the travel ban has not been lifted, but living in Australia, which is on the list of countries for which the travel ban has been lifted, you are allowed to travel to Europe from Australia.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 20, 2020 at 9:22 pm Reason: Font size, quote tags