FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:00 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
It's easily doable. I did the whole of France (Calais-Chamonix) in about 5 hours (yes I was speeding) and only stopped once for fuel for 5 minutes, but that was mainly because I was driving so fast my fuel economy was terrible! So with a diesel and slow driving, you can drive the whole of France without stopping.
"The whole of France" is actually your choice of Brest to Menton (about 1500km), or if you want shorter distances, Calais-Perpignan or Strasbourg-Biarritz (both about 1200km). I'd be very much in favour of cancelling the licence of any public hazard who believes that it is a good idea to drive any of those distances without stopping several times. In fact, if a truck driver or coach driver does half of that distance without stopping, they'd face a serious risk of getting a jail sentence. The 180km/h (even for only a short period of time) will also earn you an immediate license retention in many countries, France included (in theory, your car may also be confiscated though it is unlikely to happen if this is your first high speed offence). I can confirm that if you finish your trip by foot, you are liable to self-quarantine upon arriving in the UK