FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:26 am
Scots_Al

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is unbelievable...
When this madness will be over ?
Where I am in holidays right now (in France), there are a lot of people from UK. They will be for sure very happy of this decision.
And my extended weekend in London at the end of the month is now ruined
I’m sorry for the situation you find yourself in. As regards people from the U.K., well the government (in Scotland anyway, not sure about England) has been very clear on this. Asked about booking foreign holidays, the FM said repeatedly (and I paraphrase, because I don’t have the precise words) - you need to be aware that the situation in relation to any country can change very, very quickly. It may change whilst you are there, meaning you have to self-isolate on return; that country’s approach to visitors may change, meaning you have to quarantine on arrival. You’re all adults and can decide whether you want to take that risk or not, but I am not going to let it be said that I didn’t tell you there was a real risk of it happening. If you’re asking me, as a private citizen, if I would book a foreign holiday at the moment, then no, I would not.