FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, VA - left Hyatt 3/31/2022
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:24 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Since my last review, we have stayed here three additional times (the last two booked on the Prive 3rd night free deal) for a total of 13 nights this summer. With that additional experience I wanted to add a few additional comments.
  • first stay is detailed above
  • second stay we booked a base room and were upgraded to the King Premier Balcony, which I think is probably the best room in the house (I preferred it to the suite). It’s on the fourth floor, south facing, with a very large terrace. I preferred it to the suite because the terrace has a Mountain View (all other balconies are facing north with no real Mountain View) and because it’s the only balcony on that floor and thus has very good privacy. Only issue is the terrace gets very sunny during the day, and hot in the summer, while other balconies are at least partly shaded for most of the day. It’s a really large room with plenty of space to sit and work.
  • our third and fourth stays we booked Q/Q deluxe rooms on the Prive 3rd night free, which were upgraded at booking to Q/Q Deluxe Balcony. These balconies have two comfy chairs and a small table, the balcony rooms are all in a row but there are dense plants in between each balcony providing privacy.

Since I first wrote, the full service restaurant (Pink Grouse) has opened, I believe they only seat six tables at a time. We haven’t eaten there but it’s a pretty space. We used our $100 Prive credit for takeout from the rooftop bar as that food was better suited for our 5 year old. We especially enjoyed the freshly baked pita that comes with the eggplant dip. The lobby bar also appears to be open on and off, but the rooftop seems to do a better business. The rooftop has beautiful views over the mountains and surrounding area.

Breakfast has expanded a bit and there are now 5-6 options. They seem better staffed for breakfast now and the service has been ironed out. I find the breakfast to be really tasty.

We have mostly been coming here for a change of pace from DC. We’ve enjoyed Ragged Mountain, Ivy Creek, and the Saunders-Monticello trail. In town we’ve enjoyed Random Row Brewery, Doma (Korean), and the Pie Chest, all of which are in walking distance.

The staff here are friendly and kind and since the hotel is so small we’ve gotten to know several of them. Very nice people who provide caring service. The whole hotel is immaculately clean and I hope they can succeed despite their poorly timed opening. I think the hotel is an excellent option for DC people looking for a weekend break.