FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:03 pm
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KRK lounge cost cutting

I was back again today. There’s been another change...

Table service is suspended: you order at the buffet and take it to your table yourself.

The menu has been revised and all brand names removed thereby eventually permitting Ukrainian brandy, Queen Margot whisky.

The portions have been further reduced, a chicken Caesar has around 20g of chicken on it. Three tiny wee pieces. The bacon is now shredded.

I am no F&B expert but I am in touch with those who are. Your fixed costs are barely reduced by such changes, there is no reason to do this. Unless they do that scam corporate accounting, just one loss of a 120 PLN paid guest (and they do exist! I saw a Dutch chap last Friday drinking his weight in Zywiec) would be a net loss.

I did provide polite feedback to the friendly and courteous staff. I was told I am not the only one to mention this. I’d point out that while there are plenty of pax who are genuinely premium (though no fake BA Premier please) I and many others have utilised the facility as soon as we could post-lockdown.

Let’s be clear. We are used to a higher standard in Poland something I am often pointing out to cynical Poles... BArb is still serving powdered eggs on her Concorde “Terrace“. But just because the standard is low with the European legacies and contract lounges doesn’t mean it should be in Poland too.