FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat poaching in the COVID era
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:31 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
This happened to me last week on a United 767-300 Polaris-fitted flight. I picked window 5L because it was away from the aisle And next to the window. I purposely boarded towards the end and there is a lady in my seat who looks like she moved in for the weekend on a 3 hour flight. She covered the seat, she was in a makeshift hazmat suit, had wipes and snacks all around as well as her gadgets. I was more shocked at the extent she spread out as opposed to wondering whether or not she made a mistake. It clearly said 5L over here seat but she shrugged and just said “do you want me to move?” Since I was one of the last folks to board I just sucked it up and proceeded to wipe down my new seat/screen and got settled. I did tell her that in the future, she should double check she had the right seat before she “moved in.” All in all, it was still a flatbed Polaris seat and the flight was fine but sometimes a little more consideration and awareness can make the flying experience easier for all of us.
When you allow seat poachers to keep your seat, you just encourage them to continue this misbehavior.