FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]
Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:43 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Hello!

A few of us from this forum are heading to Warsaw for a weekend in October, why not turn it into a mini-DO?

Why Warsaw? It's a city I grew up in and it's been on my mind to make a DO there for some time now. City has a great history and few interesting things to see, so is perfect for a weekend city break. Food and beverage is reasonably priced and hotels are cheap.

COVID related information: Warsaw / Poland had relatively low number of cases (compared to UK, Spain or Italy), country is out of strict lockdown at the moment, but some social distancing rules still apply - e.g. masks on public transport and in shops are required.

Flight tickets - if booked with BA before end of September, book with confidence apply so tickets can be exchanged for FTV up to 1h before departure, most hotels offer free cancellation on cheapest rates - so financially I'd say it's a low risk.

Rough timeline:
23/10 evening: pre-DO party
24/10 day: some sightseeing, evening: DO party
25/10 day: light sightseeing, evening: after-party

I'm happy to organise a group outing to the Warsaw Uprising museum (with English guide), if enough people is interested.

DO party location will be confirmed later as soon as I know rough number of participants.

Let's have a good time in Warsaw!!!

Last edited by megaloman; Aug 11, 2020 at 11:59 am