FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020 - 2022)
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:35 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pallhedge
It's always "no more than 4". Those "other people", as you call them, don't understand what counts and what doesn't. Every single time someone's made the claim that they were approved for a Chase card at 5/24, I've been able to debunk it with further questioning. Every single time without fail. Most often they're counting a card that's been approved but hasn't yet appeared on their credit report.
Really? Every single time you've been able to debunk it with further questioning?

That sounds astounding, because at least half the time in these FlyerTalk threads, when I try do further questioning (or see other people do it), it falls on deaf ears. Often because the OPs never return to that thread (especially before FT started doing notifications of replies to your posts).

So if you meant every single time that they answered your questions, that would make sense. But every single person who posted such a claim actually answering your questions, that is what I find so hard to believe. And in that case, for those who never answered, how do you know for sure that they didn't have other answers than you expected?

In all the years that I've following the Applying threads here in the Chase forum, your post above is the first time I've heard someone claim that they know for sure that it's always "no more than 4". So you obviously weren't around during previous discussions about this (in previous versions of the Applying thread) in this forum in previous years, including the one trying to figure out how to prove whether Chase business cards are counted against 5/24 (which would never have been hard if it had been clear at that point that it was always "no more than 4", but which made hard because everyone involved in that discussion back then assumed it could be either "no more than 4" or "no more than 5").