FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Need award travel advice! Graduation trip to Japan -- Summer 2021
Old Aug 10, 2020, 4:30 pm
United747

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tor Christensen
Paperwastage - certainly valid points. However. My son just spent the last four months in quarantine and his senior year is likely to be underwhelming, so planning his dream trip is one of the only things he has to look forward to this year. So even if we are not in a place when we can actually travel to Japan, I’m willing to risk 150k United points on a trip that might not happen. I assume that I will eventually get the points back if we can’t go. I’m not really in a situation where I can risk any money, even for a super great sale. And if United keeps the points, probably still worth it, to my son at least.

So if someone was pointing a gun at you and telling you to book the seats with the most legroom from the east coast to anywhere in Japan, in next June-ish, for points and as little $$ as possible, how would you do it?
I think ANA would probably be the best best - I think they have 34” of pitch vs 31” on UA. I’ve flown them from SIN-NRT-HNL and thought it was perfectly acceptable