FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread
Old Aug 10, 2020, 10:27 am
Vanessa2020

There are so many resorts on each atoll and my family don't dive so I can't compare atolls.
My third time to Maldives was at IC, and the previous two were at Conrad. Both properties have beautiful grounds and excellent service.
A-la-carte breakfast at Conrad is better. Snorkeling at Conrad is better. Teatime at IC is better with more variety of food/drinks. Rooms at IC are newer (of course!!!). Bikes at IC look really nice with basket and guests' initials (Conrad didn't have bikes back then).
Hilton/Conrad standard rooms are big, and we can get excellent room upgrades with Gold/Diamond elite status, free breakfast for the entire family (at least for my family in the past 10+ yrs).
Since I travel with kids and from Texas (being spoiled with beautiful homes and big rooms), I tend to prefer Conrad. However, Conrad's rooms were getting old and dated, and that's why I tried IC.
I can only stay at one resort per Maldives visit , so I don't have any experience with boat transfers between atolls. I believe you will need to contact each resort for the details.

Last edited by Vanessa2020; Aug 10, 2020 at 11:03 am