FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your beauty routine for staying home?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 6:09 pm
ysolde
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I finally got my color done in July. I have to admit -- everything is different. There are fewer people in the salon (no color assistants, no assistants to wash your hair). Everyone wearing face masks. No one waiting for appointments, No one idling about. Lots of space between salon chairs. I also got my hair cut. I had to make a decision -- major cut, or just leave it long and cut the shaggy ends off. In the end, my stylist said (in spite of my age), my hair looks good long, and we went for what she called a "Boho chic" look. It's easy to style and maintain the length in this time of pandemic, when I am not going to be going in for a haircut every month. I'll have the color done again in September/October, and maybe get the ends looked at again then. We'll see.

I am also keeping my makeup fairly minimal. Loving my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (less than a pump). A little bit of under eye concealer (because my under eye dark circles are just EVIL). A little bit of Laura Mercier translucent face powder. Then the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Face in a Palette (Smokey Eye Beauty), love the soft pinky eyeshadow and cool brown shadow. Both work well by day. I have been using the matte black eyeshadow color as eyeliner (top only), using a light hand with the bronzer and swish blusher colors and skipping that dark blush ("Pop") color altogether. Often skipping the highlighter color because, while it is beautiful, I haven't gotten the hang of wearing highlighter by day. Then I add a bit of brow color (Anastasia brow gel in golden blonde or something like that), a single coat of black mascara (currently YSL le shock), and a coat of lipstick (Chantecaille Gypsy Rose) and I call it a morning. It's a very natural look, but the matte black eyeshadow as liner and black mascara highlights my hazel eyes just a bit more dramatically than I would if I were not wearing a face mask as an accessory.