FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where Can I Take My Daughter In Winter?
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:00 am
TheCanuckian

Programs: AC SE
Where Can I Take My Daughter In Winter?

I promised my daughter that as a graduation gift (high school, that is) I'd take her anywhere Aeroplan could get us. We were booked for southern Europe over March Break, but that fell apart for obvious reasons. I rebooked us to New Zealand/Australia in December, but that now also seems extremely unlikely. (I'd give New Zealand a 0% chance of being open to Canadians by then and Australia maybe a 5% chance.)

She's about to begin university, so the next time we could do anything would be December. We have thought about Europe, but neither of us are big into outdoor winter sports. We are wanderers, so would ideally rent a car and drive far and wide to have different cultural experiences and see beautiful landscapes. But a European winter doesn't seem like the best time to do that. Neither are we into beaches and resorts, so while all those Caribbean routes will be open, that's not really our thing.

I suppose our best bet may be to try for spring break or even summer of 2021. But I thought I'd throw it to the brain trust here. Can you think of a place an 18-year-old girl and her dad might go together in December, that would be scenic, interesting, not-too-cold, open to Canadians, and not too COVIDy? Picky picky, I know.

(Further info: I've got SuperElite status so have access to Priority Rewards; I have enough Aeroplan miles to get us anywhere in business class or first class.)